Friday, March 27, 2015

Where Am I In My Project and Presentation?


I may not have a comprehensive idea yet about how my presentation will be structured, but I do have the general idea.  ("Sad Smiley Face Clip Art")


This past week, I have struggled to find any free time to devote to my presentation.  I still have a general idea for what the structure of my presentation will be, as described before, but I have not yet come up with a concrete outline to explain the holistic direction of it.  Hopefully, I will find some time this weekend to work on the presentation.  However, beginning Monday, I plan to begin a full-on effort to complete my presentation in the quickest manner and then start the process of revision.

As described before, Dr. Signorella, another expert helping me with my project, is a professor of psychology at Pennsylvania State University.  ("Pennsylvania State University - Greater Allegheny")


Despite the current lack of substantial progress in my presentation, I have begun work on other aspects of my project, specifically the personality test that I am designing.  After meeting with Dr. Signorella on this past Monday, I am nearly ready to post the personality test online (I am still currently in the drafting stages).  During our meeting, Dr. Signorella reviewed the criteria that I had included in my draft and suggested how exactly to structure it.  Some of this advice included suggestions that I make the criteria as simple as possible, that I attempt to evaluate respondents on two different axes (optimum level of arousal and shyness/stimulation vs. sociability), and that I give my participants five to seven possible responses per statement (including neutral or neither agree nor disagree).   I plan to take her advice into account and revise my personality test accordingly, as well as reverse-score the test (a method in test scoring in which half of the questions is geared toward one end of the spectrum, introversion, and the other half is geared toward the other end, extraversion).  By the end, I hope to have produced a valid and reliable personality test for the public that tests an individual's level of introversion/extraversion and can communicate it back to them.  In this process, I also plan to evaluate the test's level of validity and reliability by distributing it to individuals whose personalities I almost definitely know.  Additionally, I would like to, if possible, test to see if there is any substantial level of correlation between stimulation and sociability, as it would be enlightening to discover just how exactly some of us are wired.


("Scouters' Library of Clipart and Resources")


In the coming weeks, I have committed to dedicating myself to this project.  I hope that this presentation will open the eyes of individuals in the community and help them to understand and respect both introverts and extraverts.  This adventure has proved quite interesting and formidable, and I plan to finish it out until the end.



Works Cited:
"Pennsylvania State University - Greater Allegheny."  FindTheBest.   FindTheBest.com, n.d.  Web.  27 Mar. 2015.
"Sad Smiley Face Clip Art."  Funny Pictures.  Pics & Photos, n.d.  Web.  27 Mar. 2015.
"Scouters' Library of Clipart and Resources."  U.S. Scouting Service Project.  U.S. Scouting Service Project, Inc. Websites, n.d.  Web.  27 Mar. 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment